Click here to view Carver's current Models
Every Carver Yacht is crafted with the confidence that comes from more than 50 years of quality boat-building expertise. We continue to raise both structural standards and customer expectations through our cutting-edge technology and with generations of handcrafted skills that put our manufacturing in a class by itself.
At Carver, we’re never satisfied with building anything less than the finest luxury cruising yachts in the world. Which is why every step of construction is performed in-house with the perfect blend of artisanship and technology. All so we can closely manage a quality build, one boat at a time.
You can be sure that every Carver Yacht is intelligently crafted to the highest performance and quality standards known to the industry, without compromise. The result is integrity that’s painstakingly built into every square inch of every model.
In 1954 in a Milwaukee garage, Charlie Carter and George Verhagen began building mahogany-planked, high-speed runabouts. What started as a hobby soon turned into a business as word quickly spread, and the two fledgling boat builders began selling boats to friends. By combining the first three letters of their last names, the Carver Boat Corporation was born, and the Carver Yacht Group witnessed its humble beginnings.
In 1956, the two entrepreneurs moved their growing business to Pulaski, Wisconsin, to take advantage of the area’s dedicated work force and excellent transportation facilities. They built mahogany boats throughout the 1960s, adding cabin cruisers to an expanding lineup. In the 1970s, the switch was made to fiberglass hulls, with additional advances that included larger cabin designs and the introduction of the popular 32 Mariner.
By the 1980s, Carver had expanded sales beyond the Great Lakes region to truly become a recognized leader in the luxury motor yacht market. In fact, the motor yacht became synonymous with the Carver brand in the early 1990s. In 1991, Carver was acquired by Genmar Holdings, Inc. The 1990s also witnessed the introduction of the elegant frameless window system and the refinement of the upscale Voyager series. By the late 1990s, all Carver Yachts included no structural wood below the waterline, fiberglass stringers, and a seven-year limited warranty on hull and deck. In 2000, the largest Carver Yacht was introduced—the 57 Voyager Pilothouse.
In 2003, the company acquired manufacturing facilities in Fano, Italy, to build its new line of Nuvari Yachts, partnering with the respected naval architecture firm Nuvolari-Lenard. The year also marked the debut of the Wisconsin-built Marquis Class.
Today, Carver Yachts continues to lead the industry in creating world-class cruising vessels. The future promises new and exciting developments to enhance the ultimate cruising experience that only a Carver can deliver.
It’s not just a different way to build, it’s the only way.
We’ve raised the bar on industry construction standards by perfecting structural engineering through our exclusive C.A.S.T. System—Carver Advanced Structural Technology. Through step-by-step fortification measures we use only the most durable materials to meticulously build yachts of stalwart construction. It’s how we ensure structural integrity and why we build a superior yacht over the competition.
Superior Fiberglass Technology
The finest fiberglass experts in the industry create hulls and decks with surgical precision.
- No wood below the water line eliminates structural deterioration from water contact.
- Continuous fiberglass structural liner ensures maximum hull rigidity and longevity.
- One-piece, molded hat section, all fiberglass stringer systems are covered in two layers of fiberglass engineered fabric reinforcement for lighter weight, more strength, and no water damage as compared to other builders that use wood core stringers with woven roven fiberglass.
- Solid fiberglass laminate hull with multiple layers of hand-laid fiberglass engineered fabric technology ensures maximum strength, less weight – no coring to absorb water and no woven roven is employed.
- Cabin structural trusses are laminated into the fiberglass deck side structure for optimum cabin strength and bridge stability.
- Hull-to-Deck fastening methods include multiple steps to form a robust, water tight bond with polyurethane sealant, butyl tape, and internal fiberglass reinforcement where accessible.
- Stationary open molded hulls are less likely to cause pre-release of the part - leading to fewer unnecessary repairs - than gimbaled hull molds used by other builders. Stationary open molding is a more efficient process, and significantly safer for the employees molding the hulls.
The Metal Advantage
Our intelligent use of aluminum and stainless steel makes an important longevity difference. The metal parts found on a Carver Yacht are second to none.
- Corrosion-resistant metalwork with passivated 316L stainless steel. All rails are continuous-welded and rail stanchion bases are double-welded inside and out for stronger structural support. Rails are highly polished, and lineal hand-buffed for a higher luster. Stainless steel cleats are continuous-welded. All exterior welds are ground and polished.
- Aluminum floor truss system eliminates the creaking and warping of wood floors.
- One-piece, radar arches are built of welded premium grade aluminum for optimum strength. A 7-step process eliminates corrosion on Carver arches. Compared to fiberglass shell arches, aluminum provides 4 times the strength, less weight, structural support for the hardtop, and no stress cracking. Aluminum eliminates the torquing, shaking, and cracking associated with fiberglass arches.
- Aluminum cabin trusses create a structural grid in the superstructure and create additional support for frameless windows.
- All aluminum parts are painted with AWLCRAFT® 2000 acrylic urethane topcoat. This paint is easier to buff, increases longevity, and has 1500 hours of salt-spraying UV ratings.
- Hardware and deck fixtures are thru-bolted with full aluminum mounting and backing plates laminated into the fiberglass structure for superior railing and accessory strength.
Superior Electrical Systems
The professionally designed and built electrical systems on Carver yachts provide the proper power and reliability for all equipment and appliances.
- No cookie-cutter wiring. The power needs of each individual vessel are determined according to individual specification. All wiring is measured per boat and hand-cut to the exact requirement of each model. AC and DC electrical panels, gauges, and breakers are assembled and installed right in our facility.
- Secure connections. All wire connections are machine or hand-crimped using tinned-plated brass connectors to ensure precise tensions and a perfect connection every time. Battery connections are also crimped for additional reliability.
- Maximum corrosion protection. All wire is tinned copper strand for ultimate corrosion resistance, durability, and high conductivity, and connections are sprayed with silicone for added protection. Engine harness plugs are uniquely injection-molded to prevent water and salt penetration into the back end of plugs, thereby further reducing the possibility of corrosion. Engine plugs and harness connections are also silicone-coated for extra protection. Battery cables are custom-designed to an exact fit on each Carver model and heat-shrunk to help prevent corrosion.
- Safe, reliable power. An aluminum AC breaker box provides added protection, keeping AC breakers continually grounded and isolated in the event of a short. Magnetic circuit breakers provide a more stable transfer of power and eliminate tripping due to heat and humidity.
- Bonded. The electrical bonding system links metallic underwater components to help minimize the effects of stray current electrolysis. And the galvanic isolator (zinc savers) extends the life of the sacrificial zinc anodes, also protecting underwater hardware from electrolysis damage.
- Each harness assembly is machine-tied every six inches for a clean, tight fit. The harnessed, color-coded wires are individually labeled and detailed in the owner's manual for ease of troubleshooting. All 12V harness sections are joined with pin connectors, and 12V and 110V accessories are hardwired. Buss systems on the bridge allow installation of additional components. Every harness is personally signed by a technician for both pride and accountability.
- Battery systems include isolated Deka Marine® batteries for each function (engine, ship service, and generator), assuring consistent and ample power supply for the individual systems.
Added Measures of Protection
Increasing the stability of your investment by ensuring quality, ease of maintenance, and maintain long-lasting beauty.
- All systems and functions are tested on every Carver yacht during the final inspection and preparation in the Test Pool area prior to shipment to the Dealer. This process involves over 300 inspection points, including soak testing every yacht.
- The most technologically advanced, high-performance vinylester barrier and surface gel coatings minimize blistering, cracking, crazing, and weathering.
- Sandblasting hull bottoms in preparation for painting assures bottom paint adherence and eliminates the “peeling effect.”
- Tides Marine® Sure Seal dripless shaft seals are completely maintenance free with a 2 Year / 2500 engine hours warranty. Self-aligning, they will not leak due to alignment issues. A replacement Nitrile lip seal is included with all Carver yachts to be easily changed out, if necessary.
Constructing the finest luxury cruising vessels in the world, one beautiful yacht at a time.
- Carver is one of the most fully integrated builders in the world. This in-house handcraftsmanship gives us the greatest control over each yacht-building detail for optimum craftsmanship and quality assurance.
- Superior high gloss wood-finished furnishings, doors, and cabinetry are meticulously built onsite by skilled craftspeople from hand-selected wood.
- Upholstered components, drapery, soft goods, exterior seating, and bolsters created in our own upholstery shop. Everything is handpicked, hand-cut, and hand-sewn.
- All wiring is measured per boat and hand-cut to the exact specifications of each model—no off-the-shelf wiring harnesses are ever used. Every harness is personally signed by a technician for pride and accountability.
- AC and DC electrical panels, gauges, and breakers are all created and installed right in our facility.
- The skilled craftsmen and women of Carver Yachts take pride in their work with over 200 employees reaching 20 or more years with the company. This vast knowledge and expertise brings a higher level of excellence to all areas of our company.
Contacting Crate's is Easy...